Translating research into practical, commercial benefits
The creation of strong partnerships and the willingness to be innovative and trial new initiatives are important links in the injury prevention chain.
We work cooperatively with private sector organisations to define the scope of research projects and encourage the adoption of injury prevention measures.
Such close collaborations are important, as our research can only be effective if our recommendations are implemented, evaluated and enforced. Without a strong relationship between our researchers and our industry partners, the injury prevention successes we have enjoyed so far would not have been possible.
The variety of fields our industry partners work within reflects the broad reach of our research activities.
We have worked with automotive giants, energy and fuel companies, insurance and auditing professionals, public transport bodies and recreational service providers.
Our partners have come to trust us, and know they can depend on our scientists to translate research into practical, commercial benefits.
Our industry partners include:
- Motor Accident Authority of NSW
- Insurance Australia Ltd
- NSW Royal Motoring Association
- Royal Automobile Club of Victoria
- Sleep Diagnostics
- ANCAP / NCRS
- Colin Rees Group
- Instinct & Reason Market Research Company
- SERCO Consultants
- OneSteel Newcastle
- Yarra Trams
- Australian Institute for Motor Sport Safety (AIMSS)
- K&S Freighters Pty Ltd
- Australia Camps Association
- The Outdoor Education Group
- Victorian Outdoor Education Association
- Department of Planning and Community Development (Vic)
- Outdoor Education Australia
- YMCA Victoria Outdoor
- Council of Australia
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Australian Rugby Union (ARU)
- Victorian Health Promotion Foundation
- JLT Sports - A division of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Australia Pty Ltd
- NSW Sporting Injuries Committee
- Sports Medicine Australia