Research translation and evaluation
For more than 30 years MUARC has been translating innovative road safety research into real impact.
Our work has informed government policy, evaluated public safety programs and helped shape the products and direction of industry.
We are a trusted partner of government, industry and community groups, with a reputation for rigorous strategy development and modelling, expansive data collection and analysis, policy advice, economic analysis and in-depth research.
Our multi-disciplinary, scientific approach allows us to work effectively in translating research into outcomes.
Our scientists are experts in the holistic 'Safe System' philosophy of injury prevention that finds death and serious injury on our roads unacceptable, and incorporates speed management, human factors, vehicle design and technology, road infrastructure design, data systems and public policy to eradicate the problem.
We are available to undertake a variety of consultancy services in addition to, and building on, our extensive research history.
The value of these services is reflected in the diversity and quality of the partnerships we have maintained over our first 30 years as the leading transport safety and injury prevention research centre.
Our partners and collaborators have included:
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure and Transport
- European Commission
- Helsinki University of Technology
- New Zealand Transport Authority
- SWOV Institute for Road Safety Research, Netherlands
- OECD International Transport Forum, France
- Swedish Transport Administration
- Transport Accident Commission
- University of Leeds
- Victoria Police
- University of North Carolina
- Cambridge University, UK
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health