Staff in the media
- 8 March 2022, 'An inconvenient reality: state-owned corporations', European Corporate Governance Institute Blog
- 20 January 2022, Michael Duffy interviewed on SBS TV on digital currency
risk and new ASX Block Corporation technology listing, SBS news.
- 14 January 2022, Michael Duffy interviewed by Gavin King on 4CA Radio on
new Australian Republic Movement republic model, The King Review
- Anita Foerster was consulted and quoted by AAP in fact checks on pre-election claims made about federal government climate law and policy:
- Is Australia's net zero emissions target actually binding? (29 April 2022)
- Near net zero truth in Wilson's climate bill claim (13 May 2022)
- 31 March 2022, Diane Kraal, ‘Petrol Excise Cut in the Budget! What About the Transition to Zero-Emission Cars?’, Austaxpolicy.
- 21 March 2022, Diane Kraal, ‘There Has Been Plenty of Rain, Do We Need a Water Tax?’, Austaxpolicy.
- 30 April 2022, Diane Kraal interviewed by Richard Aedy, ABC Radio National: The Money program, ‘Inflation and the RBA, foreign aid and the PRRT’ [the petroleum resource rent tax].
- 13 May 2022, Diane Kraal, Austaxpolicy, ‘Why not repeal the petroleum resource rent tax and levy a royalty for offshorgas’.
- 7 April 2022, Vince Morabito quoted in Michael Pelly, "Referees cut $11m from class action legal bills", Australian Financial Review
- 7 April 2022, Vince Morabito quoted in Sam Matthews, "Judge to appoint costs referee in $56.3M Colonial First class action settlement", Lawyerly
- 11 February 2022, Vince Morabito quoted in Christine Caulfield, "Judge has change of heart, will hold settlement hearing in Romeo's class actions", Lawyerly
- 31 January 2022, Vince Morabito quoted in Christine Caulfield, 'Judge forgoes settlement approval hearing in Romeo's class actions', Lawyerly.
- 19 January 2022, Vince Morabito quoted in Damian Grave, 'The continued rise of State-based class action regimes', Lawyers Weekly.
- 30 September 2021, Vivien Chen, 'Kleptocracy through weak governance at state-owned corporations', Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog
- 29 September 2021, Lucinda O'Brien, Vivien Chen, Ian Ramsay and Paul Ali, 'Debt collection practices and women's safety', Power to Persuade
- 16 September 2021, Vivien Chen quoted in Jacqueline Belesky, 'Payday loans: what to look out for', Canstar
- 2 February 2021, Vivien Chen and Michelle Welsh, 'Things you need to know before using a debt management company', Monash Impact
Alice de Jonge
- 8 March 2021, Alice de Jonge, 'For women in Asia, the post COVID picture is one of new
challenges and opportunities', Monash Lens
- 3 November 2021, Michael Duffy interviewed on SBS TV on Squid Game
digital token scam, SBS News.
- 22 June 2021, Michael Duffy quoted in Christine Caulfield, 'CFOS in spotlight again as High Court weighs 7-Eleven special leave bid', Lawyerly
- 8 June 2021, Michael Duffy quoted by John Collett, "Call for social media 'finfluencers' to carry wealth warnings", Sydney Morning Herald
- 3 June 2021. Michael Duffy quoted by Fergus Halliday, 'Last month was almost the worst month ever for Bitcoin', Nestegg
- 21 May 2021, Michael Duffy quoted by Chris Dastoor, 'Bitcoin fall a reality check' Money Management
- 29 April 2021, Michael Duffy quoted by Miklos Bolza, 'Boral class action decision forces litigation funders to retool' Lawyerly
- 10 March 2021, Michael Duffy quoted by Christine Caulfield, '5 takeaways from High Court's ruling on class action beauty parades' Lawyerly
- 24 February 2021, Michael Duffy quoted by Cat Fredenburgh,'Individuals who blow the whistle on misconduct to get immunity under new ASIC policy' Lawyerly
- 4 February 2021, Michael Duffy 'High Court soon to decide Issue of competing class actions' Lawyerly
- 24 Sept 2021, Anita Foerster, interviewed for ABC PM Radio, on a landmark climate change case testing the provisions of the Victorian Climate Change Act as they apply to EPA licensing of coal-
fired power in Victoria, Climate Case Over Coal
- 15 September 2021, Emma Peterson, Anna Malo, Megan Argyriou, Anita Foerster, ‘Australia signed the Paris Agreement. Then what happened?' Monash Lens
- 1 July 2021, Brett McDonnell, Hari Osofksy, Jacqueline Peel, Anita Foerster, ‘Green Boardrooms’, University of Oxford Business Law Blog
- 10 May 2021, Anita Foerster, Alice Bleby, Anne Kallies, ‘A great start, but still not enough: why Victoria’s new climate target isn’t as ambitious as it sounds’, The Conversation
- 8 February, 2021, Sergio Gramitto quoted in Anat Alon-Beck, 'Artificial Intelligence In The
Corporate Boardroom,' Forbes
- 16 December 2021, Diane Kraal, The Australian, ‘Driving down costs: tax changes can position us on the road to net zero.’
- 10 December 2021, Diane Kraal, Business Daily Media "In the midst of an LNG export boom, why are we getting so little for our gas?", businessdailymedia.com
- 11 November 2021, Diane Kraal quoted by Geoff Dobson, “AutoTalk”, ‘Tax needed to support EV uptake’, Tax needed to support EV uptake | Autotalk
- 13 November 2021, Diane Kraal, Radio 2SM News Bulletin, ‘Home charging of business electric vehicles.’
- 17 August 2021, Diane kraal, A fleet footed focus to improve Electric vehicle uptake in Australia: Tax changes, incentives needed to improve electric vehicle uptake, Monash Lens
- 11 August 2021, Diane Kraal quoted by Sean Carroll, Electrical Connection, ‘Monash, Griffith encouraging government to review EV taxation law’.
- 11 August 2021, Diane Kraal quoted by Marion Ray, The West Australian, ‘Call for tax break to drive electric fleet’,
- 11 August 2021, Diane Kraal quoted in, Call for tax break to drive electric fleet: Call for tax break to drive electric fleet, Daily Mail Online
- 23 July 2021, Diane Kraal, Transforming business fleets to clean up carbon emissions, Transforming business fleets to clean up carbon emissions - Monash Business School
"Monash Business School News"
- 9 June 2021, Diane Kraal, quoted by Josh Nichols and Kate Lyons, 'Australian mining companies have paid little or no corporate income tax in PNG despite huge profits', The Guardian
- 26 May 2021, Diane Kraal, quoted by Callum Foote, 'Fossil Fuel Fiesta: Australia's coal and gas giants get more in subsidies than they pay in royalties', Michael West Media
- 10 April 2021, 'Hanoi Hostage Crisis', Wikipedia
- 1 December 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Christine Caulfield, 'Threat of class action reform prompts rush to court, Lawyerly.
- 3 September 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Cat Fredenburgh, 'Class action filings plummet as law firms, litigation funders regroup', Lawyerly.
- 29 July 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Andrew Saker, 'It's the insurers, not class actions, driving D&O liability insurance premiums', Lawyerly
- 23 July 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Cat Fredenburgh, '$23.6M Vocation class action bill might have been "materially lower"', Lawyerly
- 7 July 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Andrew Saker, 'Debunking the myths around shareholder class actions', The Australian
- 9 June 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Cat Fredernburgh, '"Very very messy law": Government urged to rethink changes to continuous disclosure regime', Lawyerly
- 20 May 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Michael Pelly, 'Pandemic Surge in Class Actions', Australian Financial Review
- 20 May 2021, Vince Morabito 'Courts see record number of class actions as shareholder proceedings drop in significance', Lawyerly
- 25 May 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Christine Caulfield, 'Consumer class actions on the rise, as group proceedings hit financial year record', Lawyerly
- 29 April 2021, Vince Morabito quoted in Miklos Bolza, 'Boral class action decision forces litigation funders to retool', Lawyerly
- 28 January 2021, Sallie Yea and Wayne Palmer, Why is it so difficult to stamp out seafood slavery? There is little justice, even in court, The Conversation
- 2 February 2021, Vivien Chen and Michelle Welsh, 'Things you need to know before using a debt management company', Monash Impact
- 15 July 2020, Vivien Chen's online payday lenders research quoted by Power to Persuade
- 29 September, Quoted by Ian Royall in, ‘Nerves over industrial manslaughter laws’ The Herald Sun
- 21 Sep 2020, Michael Duffy quoted by Miklos Bolza on counter-claims in class actions, Lawyerly
- 19 Sep 2020, Michael Duffy interviewed by Rebecca Maddern on Today Show TV program on constitutional monarchy and change to a republic 19 Sept 2020
- 28 August 2020, Michael Duffy quoted by Alison Eveleigh on filing of Quarantine Class Action, Lawyerly
- 14 Aug 2020, Michael Duffy quoted In Lawyers Weekly in Naomi Neilson, ‘Will a hotel quarantine class action succeed?’ Lawyers Weekly 14 Aug 2020
- 13 Aug 2020, Michael Duffy interviewed on Radio 2SM Sydney on quarantine class action
- 13 Aug 2020, Interview with Dee Dee Dunleavy on Radio 3AW on planned class action over the hotel quarantine fiasco
- 15 July, Michael Duffy, ‘Is Australia ready for another republic referendum? These consensus models could work’ The Conversation
- 5 May 2020, Michael Duffy quoted by Christine Caulfield on common funds and Vocus Ruling, Lawyerly
- 23 April 2020, Michael Duffy quoted by Christine Caulfield on NSW Appeal Court ruling on class action class closure, Lawyerly
- 21 April 2020, Michael Duffy quoted by Christine Caulfield on appeal to High Court on competing class actions issue, Lawyerly
- 13 March 2020, Michael Duffy interviewed by Isobel Roe on ABC radio on coronavirus and directors’ corporate duties, "When Corona Virus Hits, who is on ‘Team Australia’?" PM Radio Program
- 24 November 2020, Anita Foerster, interviewed for Radio Adelaide, on the implications of the settlement of the REST climate change case, which alleged a failure to properly manage and disclose climate risks to investments, Superfund pledge on Climate Risk
- 12 November 2020, Anita Foerster, 'An Australian man successfully sued his super fund over climate risk. Here's what that means for your nest egg' The Conversation
- 23 July 2020, Anita Foerster, quoted on a new climate change case brought against the Australian government, citing a failure to disclosure the financial risks posed by climate change to Australian Government Bonds, by Isabella Kwai, New York Times, 23 July 2020; by Matthew Burgess, Bloomberg Green, 22 July 2020
- Professor John Gillespie quoted by Rina Chandran in ‘Deadly land dispute in Vietnam sparks crackdown on 'critical' social media’ Thomson Reuters News 16 January 2020 and Sight Magazine 17 January 2020 and Land Portal 16 January 2020.
- 19 October 2020, Does Choice of Dispute Resolution Method Affect the Application of the Law? An Open Question in Australia, Regarding the CISG, The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network
- 17 June 2020, Of Dry Cleaning, Arbitration, and International Commercial Courts: When Courts Can Learn From ADR (with Dr Drossos Stamboulakis), The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network
- 10 June 2020, Challenges and Opportunities for Asia-Pacific International Arbitration: Symposium Report, and News on a Forthcoming Publication (with Professor Luke Nottage and Dr Nobumichi Teramura), The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network
- 3 June 2020, International Commercial Arbitration, Its Application of the Law, and the Flexibility of Its Process, The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network
- 6 February 2020, Researcher Profile: Meet Ben Hayward, The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network
- 6 January 2020, What Makes a Good Arbitration Law? The Australian Experience, The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network
- December 2020, Diane Kraal, Austaxpolicy, 'Biofuels, Ethanol and Tax Incentives'
- 10 June 2020, Diane Kraal in 'Water Research Australia, Webinar, Challenges and Opportunities of Water Industry in the Emerging Hydrogen Economy'
- 9 June 2020, Diane Kraal in Monash Energy Institute webinar, ‘Equitable Energy Future: Accessibility Affordability and Responsibility'
- 9 June 2020, Diane Kraal in "Monash Lens", 'COVID-19: Household electricity and consumer vulnerability in physical isolation'
- 25 February 2020, Diane Kraal re-published by '"Austaxpolicy",’In the midst of an LNG export boom, why are we getting so little for our gas?'
- 18 February 2020, Diane Kraal re-published by "The New Daily", 'In the midst of an LNG export boom, why are we getting so little for our gas?'
- 17 February 2020, Diane Kraal re-published by "The Mandarin", 'In the midst of an LNG export boom, why are we getting so little for our gas?'
- 17 February 2020, Diane Kraal, The Conversation, 'In the midst of an LNG export boom, why are we getting so little for our gas?
- 28 September 2020, media mention in 'Dong Tam death sentences dim hopes for land rights reform in Vietnam'
- 15 September 2020, media mention in 'Vietnam Land Dispute Trial Terminates in Guilty Verdicts'
- 10 June 2020, publication mention in 'Mai Thanh Truong, Revisiting the Role of Social Media in the Dong Tam Land Dispute'
- 15 April 2020, Toan Le published in "The Diplomat", 'Dong Tam land dispute exposes Vietnam’s rights and democracy challenges'
- 10 April 2020, Toan Le published in "East Asian Forum", 'Dong Tam shows that Vietnam land laws are unjust and grassroots democracy is failing'
- 7 September 2020, Research quoted by Andrew Saker in ‘A licensing regime will improve the litigation funding system’ The Australian
- 5 May 2020, Vince Morabito quoted by Christine Caulfield on common funds and Vocus Ruling, Lawyerly
- 23 April 2020, Vince Morabito quoted by Christine Caulfield on NSW Appeal Court ruling on class action class closure, Lawyerly
- 21 April 2020, Vince Morabito quoted by Christine Caulfield on appeal to High Court on competing class actions issue, Lawyerly
- 1 December 2020, Wayne Palmer, Christina Stringer and Sallie Yea, 'After 15 years, migrant fishers still waiting for the government to regulate recruitment', The Jakarta Post.
- Vivien Chen, 'Law and society in the evolution of Malaysia's Islamic capital market regulation', Oxford Business Law Blog, 28 September 2018.
- Vivian Chen, ‘How Malaysian corporate laws can recover after corruption’, Monash Impact, 22 November 2018.
Alice de Jonge
- Alice de Jonge interviewed on China Intellectual Property theft, ABC, "The Business". Interview conducted by Carrington Clarke, 3 October 2018.
- Alice de Jonge, quoted by Eryk Bagshaw and Matthew Knott, Sydney Morning Herald, and The Age “Does Donald Trump have a point on China's Trade Practices?', 22 September 2018.
- Alice de Jonge interview with Radio Sputnik on China-US trade talks, 16 August 2018.
- Alice de Jonge interview with Radio Sputnik on China-US trade talks, 1 August 2018.
- Alice de Jonge, ‘Why China is a leader in intellectual property (and what the US has to do with it)’ The Conversation, 26 March 2018.
- Alice de Jonge was interviewed on recent developments in China by News Corp reporter Victoria Craw, 17 January 2018.
- Michael Duffy, ‘Regulating litigation funding in the public interest’, Monash Impact, 28 March 2018.
- Michael Duffy, quoted by Christine Caulfield in ‘Class action funders’ $92m windfall: the last of the big paydays?’ Lawyerly, 10 September 2018.
- Michael Duffy quoted by David Ross in ‘In the tent or on the outer: regulators tread fine line in bid to change culture’ in Australian Banking Daily December 17 2018.
- John Gillespie, 'What is socialist about socialist East Asia?' The East Asian Forum, 19 April 2018.
- John Gillespie and Nguyen Hung Quang, 'Between Authoritarian Governance and Urban Citizenship: Tree-Felling Protests in Hanoi', Urban Studies Blog, 10 October 2018.
- Wayne Gumley, 'In search of a tax utopia' Thought Capital, 3 October 2018.
- Ben Hayward, ‘Australia’s consumer laws still don’t cover e-books and many other digital products’, The Conversation, 21 February 2018.
- Benjamin Hayward, ‘E-books and Other Digital Products – Why Australia’s Consumer Laws are Lacking’ (2018) 44(4) Law Society Journal pp. 28-29.
- Benjamin Hayward, The Wire Current Affairs Radio, ‘Faults in eBooks Not Covered by Consumer Law’, Radio interview, 23 February 2018.
- Benjamin Hayward, The Arbitration Station, ‘Season 2, Episode 13 – The Fourth from ICCA’, podcast, 14 May 2018.
- Diane Kraal, quoted by Eryk Bagshaw, “Turnbull government's PRRT reforms 'worth nothing', says expert” Sydney Morning Herald, 27 April 2018.
- Diane Kraal, ‘The government could be boosting the budget bottom line with a change to how it taxes gas' The Conversation, 2 May 2018.
- Diane Kraal, quoted by Shani Alexander, “Energy Intelligence”, ‘LNG Giants in Australian Tax Crosshairs’, 9 May 2018.
- Diane Kraal, 'Budget Forum 2018: The Government Could Be Boosting the Budget Bottom Line with a Change to How It Taxes Gas', Austaxpolicy, 7 May 2018.
- Diane Kraal quoted by Jotham Lian,‘Failed reform’: Academic pushes for urgent tax action’, in Accountants Daily, 10 October 2018.
- Diane Kraal quoted by Eryk Bagshaw and Cole Latimer, ‘Oil and gas giants hit with $6 billion tax hike’ in SMH and The Age, 3 November 2018.
- Diane Kraal quoted by Gareth Hutchins, ‘Coalition to spring unexpected tax hike on offshore gas industry’, in The Guardian, 3 November 2018.
- Diane Kraal, quoted by Shani Alexander, “World Gas Intelligence”, ‘Industry Limits Damage From Australia Tax Reforms’, 5 November 2018.
- Diane Kraal, ‘Tax reform on gas is welcome, but other difficult issues lie ahead’, Monash Impact, 5 November 2018.
- Diane Kraal, Monash Business School Thought Capital podcast: ‘Why we need to pay attention to energy justice’, 6 November 2018
- Diane Kraal, ‘Tax reform on gas is welcome, but other difficult issues lie ahead’, (republished) Austaxpolicy, 7 November 2018.
- Diane Kraal interview by Leon Byner, Radio FIVEaa, Adelaide, ‘The Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (PRRT) explained’, 13 December 2018.
- Vince Morabito quoted in Lachlan Colquhoun, 'Class actions: business or justice?' INTHEBLACK 22 Jan 2018
- Vince Morabito quoted in Michael Pelly, 'Expert debunks claims that Australia is a class action haven' The Australian Financial Review 13 Jul 2018
- Vince Morabito quoted in Adele Ferguson, 'Spotlight on class actions will only get brighter' The Australian Financial Review 15 Jul 2018
- Vince Morabito quoted in Michael Pelly, 'Victoria fights push for Federal Court takeover of class actions' The Australian Financial Review 5 Aug 2018
- Vince Morabito quoted in Emily Cadman 'For the rich, funding lawsuits like that against AMP is the new black' The Sydney Morning Herald 28 Aug 2018
- Vince Morabito quoted by Christine Caulfield in Lawyerly articles on 16 and 22 May, 19 June, 12 July, 3 and 30 August 2, 10 and 13 September, 24 October, 19, 26 and 29 November.