Scholarships, sponsorships and awards
Recognising and encouraging talent has helped us earn a global reputation for excellence. Explore the scholarship, sponsorship and award opportunities available to Monash Business School students, and check your eligibility.
If a little extra support would make graduate study a lot more accessible, it's worth exploring your options before applying. We have a range of scholarships, support grants and bursaries available for different students and scenarios.
Use the filters on the Find a Scholarship page to narrow down your search results by:
- Study area (Business)
- Citizenship status
- Current study level
- Prospective study level
Dean's Equity, Diversity and Social Inclusion Award View
Student category guidelines and nomination process
The Dean’s Diversity and Inclusion Award is to recognise and commend an individual student or student team who has made a significant contribution to progressing a culture of equity, diversity and social inclusion in the Monash Business School.
The award aims to foster and enrich a business culture of equity, diversity and social inclusion including but not limited to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people;
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- people of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities;
- people with disability, or ongoing medical or mental health conditions;
- gender equality;
- students from low socio-economic backgrounds; or,
- another facet of diversity and inclusion not listed above.
The award recipient will receive a trophy and a monetary prize from Monash Business School.
Additionally, the Dean recognises notable contributions to equity, diversity and inclusion through a Dean’s Commendation. These individuals will receive a certificate of commendation.
Category of award
Value of award
- The awardee will receive a trophy and a prize of $500.
- Dean’s commendations have no monetary component.
The Dean’s Equity, Diversity and Social Inclusion Award is to recognise an individual student or a student team who has made an outstanding contribution to supporting the Monash Business School and University’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through activities that have:
- raised awareness of the impact of inequality;
- facilitated a deeper understanding of equity, diversity and social inclusion;
- empowered disadvantaged or marginalised groups; or,
- some other contribution that meets the Monash Business School's or University's objectives for diversity and inclusion.
All Monash Business School students enrolled in a course at any Australian campus are eligible to be nominated.
- Where a team has been nominated, a minimum fifty percent of team members must be a currently enrolled Monash Business School student.
- Students may be enrolled in a single degree, double degree, or graduate research degree.
- Students may be nominated by a member of staff, another student, or may self-nominate.
- The nomination form can be found here.
- Nominations close on the last Friday in October each year.
- Nominators will be advised of the outcome in December.
Nominations must include:
- A statement against the selection criteria (no more than 1500 words).
- Supporting evidence (e.g. details of the initiative or event, a three-minute video summarising the highlights of the event or initiative, supporting statement/s, evidence of impact or evaluation).
Announcement of award and commendation recipients is expected to be made in December each year. The presentation of the award will be made at the annual Monash Business School Awards event the following year.
Nominations will be assessed by a selection panel appointed by the Dean consisting of: The Dean, the Director of Equity, Diversity and Social Inclusion, the Deputy Dean International, and the Group Manager, Student and Education Services. In its deliberations, the panel will consider:
- Extent of the benefit/outcomes for an individual, group or community.
- Extent of efforts made beyond the expectations of a student of the University.
- Application of Monash Business School values and the University’s Diversity and Inclusion framework.
The decision of the Dean is final.
For further information on the award details, eligibility and criteria please contact Katherine Mitchell on 9903 2625 or Katherine.Mitchell@monash.edu
Clubs and societies sponsorships View
Monash Business School encourages any new or joint initiatives that meet the selection criteria to seek sponsorship. This sponsorship helps cover the cost of a regular activity organised by a Monash club or society. To find out if you are eligible and for further information, please contact email@example.com.