Scholarships for Graduate Research
Graduate Research students have access to a range of scholarships to assist with tuition fees and living expenses.
Scholarship for research in Early Childhood Education
The Conceptual PlayLab PhD Scholarship is offered for full-time research at postgraduate level in the Faculty of Education at Monash University. The award is available to an applicant to undertake a PhD under the supervision of Laureate Professor Marilyn Fleer as a part of her government-funded research project in Early Childhood SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) Education.
Scholarship for research in STEM Education
The Peter Fensham PhD scholarship is offered for full-time research at postgraduate level in the Faculty of Education at Monash University. The award is available to an applicant intending to undertake a PhD with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Education.
Monash University scholarships
Monash scholarships are awarded through a competitive selection process, based on an applicant's academic record, research output and prior research experience. Priority will also be given to applicants who:
- hold an Australian or New Zealand bachelor's degree with First Class Honours (H1) or qualifications and /or research experience deemed equivalent by the University;
- have not completed a graduate research masters or doctoral degree and the same course level (for example, applying to undertake a second doctoral degree);
- are or will be enrolling via on-campus mode;
- are entitled to a maximum scholarship duration of more than 12 months equivalent full-time as a result of prior enrolment in a graduate research degree;
- have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than 6 months.
Learn more about scholarship eligibility.
Learn more about scholarship values.
Scholarship application dates
|Round||Applicant||Applications open||Applications close||Enrolment period|
|1||International||1 September||31 March||July - December of the current year|
|2||Domestic||1 November||31 May||July - December of the current year|
|3||International||1 April||31 August||January - June of the following year|
|4||Domestic||1 June||31 October||January - June of the following year|
How to apply for a Monash scholarship
Applications for Monash Scholarships are done as a part of the application for candidature as a graduate research student. When submitting a formal application for candidature, you should tick the box on the form indicating you want to be considered for scholarship. If you meet the minimum requirements, you’ll be included in the scholarship ranking process.
Other scholarships available
Education pathways scholarships
Offered by invitation to domestic students who have completed EDF5613/EDF5614 and achieved grades of 80% or higher for those units as a part of the Graduate Certificate of Educational Research, Master of Education (coursework) or Master of TESOL.