Acoustics and Vibration
Monash continues to conduct leading edge research to provide solutions to industry on noise and vibration reduction through research being conducted at Monash’s Wind Tunnel facility, which is the leading low speed automotive aerodynamic test facility in Australia.
It supports aerodynamic and wind noise research and development of full-scale production vehicles for Australian and international markets. The facility also provides research and development capabilities for industries such as ground transportation aerodynamics (including trains and trucks), wind energy siting and turbine aerodynamics, aerospace (particularly unmanned air vehicles and microflight technologies), sports aerodynamics and fundamental aerodynamic research.
- Structural health condition monitoring;
- Acousto-ultrasonics and guided wave;
- Industrial noise and noise control;
- Integrity assessment of structures;
- Fatigue structure analysis including predictive analysis in identifying fatigue of structures; and
- Dynamics, acoustics including vibration;