The MiniProf systems are accurate, precision and portable profile measuring devices for wheels, rails, switches and brakes. The Institute of Railway Technology (IRT) is the agent for MiniProf in the Australasian region.
The features of the MiniProf system include:
- Full contact measurements
- High precision titanium device
- Handheld, lightweight, portable and easy to use
- Measures wheel profile and diameter in one single measurement
- Measures rail profile and track gauge in one single measurement.
The MiniProf hardware now comes with bluetooth and cable connection as well as battery indicator:
The MiniProf system consists of a versatile sophisticated software package that enables accurate measurements and analysis of measured profiles. It is widely used for research, planning and evaluation of maintenance activities such as rail grinding, rail milling and wheel machining.