Big Data Management
IRT has experience in data management for transportation collected in real time from various types of sensors, e.g. fixed loop detectors, video sensors and automatic vehicle location (AVL) mobile sensors, which are in abundance in taxi and transit fleets.
Recently, the emergence and steady increase of public deployment of user-based data collection systems, e.g. GPS-equipped vehicles and vehicle re-identification using cell phones or wireless magnetic sensors, provide a great potential for probe vehicles in ITS applications.
The focus is on automated traffic state estimation and prediction, and decision support systems based on probe vehicle data. Moreover, utilizing the abundant traveller data (crowdsourcing) could shed light to humans’ mobility dynamics in metropolitan areas.
- Big Data Storage and Retrieval;
- High Performance Parallel Database Processing;
- Data Warehousing and Analysis;
- Data Management and Data Integration;
- Sensor Data Management and Processing;
- Raw data storage, matching, and retrieval;
- Spatial and Location-based Information Systems;
- Moving objects, Mobile, Wireless Information Processing;
- Rail-asset Management (data acquisition and managing asset);
- Cloud storage;
- New technologies and executive training short course delivery;
- Real-time data acquisition and data preparation for analytics; and
- Internet of Things (IoT).