Power and Control
Monash delivers power systems analysis, variable speed drives, condition monitoring, high voltage engineering, quality of electrical supply, asset and demand management and electric traction.
- Renewable energy and micro grids (grid integration of renewables);
- Electric train specialisation;
- Power electronics, power converters and control of power converters for various energy systems including traction networks;
- Converters DC-AC (in trains connections through transformer and conversion to improve voltage profile where connected);
- Design/Control/Optimisation of the line-side converter of electric trains; and
- Design/Control/Optimisation of the three-phase drive unit of the electric trains;
- Providing ancillary services to the traction electric network via electric locomotives;
- Control and coordination of substations for electric traction networks.
- Economic appraisal of rail projects;
- Public Policy, Strategy and Planning;
- High speed rail projects not just urban;
- Executive education;
- Fare evasion and psychology behind fare evasion;
- Benchmarking the design of railway stations;
- Crime prevention and safety related to design of railway stations;
- Olympic Games modelling;
- Modelling for the Haj in Saudi.