Vertical peer program
Indigenous students gather to: meet peers; share and strengthen knowledge about the health professions and; learn more about Indigenous medicines and wellbeing ways.
Indigenous students can apply to an Indigenous student bursary for costs of: admission tests, course related expenses such as uniforms, working with children checks, police checks, fitness tests, immunisations and sorry business attendance.
We assist with access to and costs of staying in Monash Residential Services on campus through our accommodation scholarships.
- Monash Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences Indigenous accommodation bursary: if you are an Indigenous Australian intending to enrol or currently studying in the Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences, you may be eligible for this scholarship. It covers the cost of one year’s accommodation at Monash Residential Services.
- PSA Insurance Indigenous Scholarship: this scholarship, donated by PSA Insurance, is for three Indigenous Australian students a year wishing to reside at Monash Residential Services and study medicine.
Health profession events
Indigenous students can apply for travel and accommodation support to attend health profession events, Students have attended conferences and forums held by:
- Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Islander Nurses and Midwives
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Australian Indigenous Doctors Association
- Pacific Region Indigenous Doctors Congress
- Healing our Spirit Worldwide
We link you to cadetship programs that provide you an opportunity to work in your semester break in an area that supports your career aspirations. Some examples are:
- Career Trackers
- Monash Health Graduate and Cadetship program
- Victorian Public Sector Commission Cadetship Program
Wominjeka means welcome in the Woiwurrung language of the Melbourne area. The Wominjeka Lounge is located on our Clayton Campus at 27 Rainforest Walk. It is a space for community meetings and for students to study, meet with tutors or with peers.
Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit
Supports Monash University Indigenous students .
Find out more Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit