Three minute thesis competition
Central Clinical School HDR students regularly compete in the "Three Minute Thesis" competition (3MT), offered in every Australian university. The CCS Three-Minute Thesis Competition is an opportunity for GR students to convey the relevance and importance of their research in just 3 minutes. It is an excellent opportunity to achieve a higher profile for research students and their work. The Monash 3MT finalist will then be invited to represent Monash University at the Asia-Pacific 3MT competition, which will be held in Queensland at the University of Queensland.
2021 CCS 3MT competition details
The School's annual Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition will take place on 27 May, pitting eleven brave young researchers against each other in a bid to explain their research in plain English, and in only three minutes. The competition is a wonderful opportunity to practice sharing complex but vital research with a lay audience.
- CCS 3MT (flier) (Thursday 27 May 2021 @ 2:00pm-3:15pm via zoom. Program details available here)
- Faculty 3MT Final (Week: 19 June 2021 - 26 June 2021); and
- Monash 3MT Final (Tuesday 17 August 2021)
- Asia-Pacific Virtual Final (27 Sep 2021 - 20 Oct 2021)
Assoc Prof Nigel Jones
Prof Terence O'Brien, Dr Karen Alt and Ms Julia Veitch
2021 3MT video link
- Winner ($300) - Ms Georgia Symons
- Runner-up ($200) - Ms Jacques Ma
- People's choice ($50) - Mr Erskine Chu
Further details regarding the 3MT competition including rules and judging criteria can be found online.
Supervisors: A/Prof Christopher Hagemeyer, Dr Be'eri Niego, Dr Erik Westein
Topic: Stroke, heart attack and a 'smart' little antibody: A tale unfolds