Higher degree by research studies (PhD and MSc)
A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master of Science (MSc) allows you investigate real-life problems and develop new theories, methodologies and models that could lead to significant steps forward in your industry or discipline.
As a PhD or MSc student, you’ll have the support of your academic supervisors (and if relevant industry professionals) throughout your research studies to ensure your research is relevant and insightful. You'll also complete a number of coursework and training that will support your research and career goals. To complete your PhD or MSc, you would typically be expected to:
- Conduct a literature/systematic review (with or without meta-analysis)
- Develop and refine the research problem you want to solve
- Present your plan of studies/progress at a number of review sessions
- Complete a number of research studies which tests your theories and hypotheses
- Prepare a final thesis on your findings.
If you have any questions about our research degrees (PhD or MSc)
in this research unit, the application process, Monash scholarships or anything else, please get in touch with Professor Shapour Jaberzadeh: Shapour.email@example.com