Monash Business School offers a one year Honours program to outstanding students in the Bachelor of Commerce. This extra year of study provides you with the opportunity to challenge and extend your knowledge gained during your undergraduate degree. Through an Honours degree you will develop advanced analytical skills, problem-solving, strategic thinking, presentation and communication skills.
The advantages of doing Honours extend beyond one year. Many top employers require their staff to have been selected for an Honours program. In addition, Honours graduates have special expertise which often means a competitive edge over other job applicants. Honours is also the first step towards graduate research study for a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Admission is competitive and all applicants will be ranked and selected on the basis of academic record and candidate statement. Whilst meeting the minimum application criteria is essential, this does not guarantee admission into the Honours program.
There is a semester 1 intake only for the Honours program and an induction week all students are required to attend.
- Applicants must submit a one to two page candidate statement demonstrating they have the motivation and academic skills to complete the program and addressing the following:
- Why you would like to do Honours at Monash Business School;
- Your areas of research interest; and, if known; and,
- Which topic you would like to pursue in your Honours research project.
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor degree, with a major in the area of study (eg accounting, finance, management etc) offered by the Monash Business School or an equivalent qualification from another university; and have achieved an average equivalent to at least 70% in discipline specific third year units.
Honours application closing date: 30 November 2019