Application and approval process
Step 1 - Check your eligibility
- Submit an online request for a Course progression check (please request a “WIL Eligibility Form’ in the notes section at the bottom of the page)
- OR/ make an appointment through the Monash Business School Course Advice booking system (select the WIL internship category as your reason for course advice)
- OR/ visit Student Services on campus - Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- Caulfield: Building N, Level 4, 27 Sir John Monash Drive
- Clayton: Menzies Building (Building 11), Level 2, East Wing, Room 258
To avoid missing out, we recommend that you arrange this appointment at least 2 weeks prior to the closing date.
Step 2 - Select your preferred internship option
There are three main options for internship placement:
- Option A: Monash Business School sourced internship
- Option B: Self-sourced internship
- Option C: International internships
Step 3 - Complete the supporting documentation:
In order to apply, you will need to complete and submit the following documents via InPlace:
- WIL Eligibility Form (which you can request when you complete a Course Progression Check via Student Services)
- WIL Internship Proposal form
- Updated resume (Career Connect can provide you with tips on writing your resume).
Log into your Monash student portal and submit an online WIL Internship Application, or see the InPlace Monash Business School Quick Reference Card.
Step 4 - Application assessment
We’ll assess your application to make sure the internship meets Monash Business School requirements. We may ask for an interview with you as part of the process.
Step 5 - Outcome advice and enrolment
We’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome of your application. If successful, your enrolment will be processed and you’ll need to confirm it in WES.
Step 6 - Moodle unit assessment and information
You’ll get access to the relevant Moodle site where you’ll find all the information about your assessment.