Graduate Research Industry Partnerships
Gain experience through industry-research collaboration at Monash
Today, graduate researchers are expected to be able to adapt to different work environments and industries, cross discipline boundaries and apply their research in meaningful ways.
If you are interested in pursuing graduate research (PhD) in the context of strong industry-research collaboration, to be well prepared for impact beyond your PhD, consider applying for a Graduate Research Industry Partnership (GRIP), an exciting mode of the Monash Doctoral Program.
GRIPs bring together graduate researchers (PhD students) and academic leaders from various fields with external partners to explore an issue of global significance.
Each Graduate Research Industry Partnership includes between 15 and 20 industry-driven research projects that are united under a common theme, such as:
- Chemicals and plastics manufacturing
- Water and sustainability in Asia
- Sustainable and effective public transport
- Food and dairy industry
Outstanding graduate research students from multiple disciplines work with established Monash academics to find innovative, interdisciplinary approaches and solutions that are relevant to industry.
Apply for a Graduate Research Industry Partnerships to:
- Work on a challenging PhD topic geared to solving a real-world challenge as posed by our industry partners
- Receive supervision and mentorship from both Monash academics and industry experts
- Benefit from a hand-tailored professional development program, co-developed and co-delivered with the involved industry partners
- Research in a diverse cohort of up to 20 students, the ideal environment to foster innovation, collaboration and complex problem solving.
Keep an eye on this website and follow our Facebook page to be keep up to date with upcoming opportunities.