Let's Talk About Sex: Sexuality and Sexual Difficulties
An introductory course in sexual medicine and therapy
This course will discuss the need to talk about sex, the obstacles to talking about sex and will empower the registrants to raise and discuss topics of sexuality and sexual difficulties with their patients/clients. This course will discuss the need to talk about sex, the obstacles to talking about sex and will empower the registrants to raise and discuss topics of sexuality and sexual difficulties with their patients/clients.
Join our experts in this fully online* interactive learning experience.
This course was sold out in 2019 and 2020! So hurry, places are limited.
*Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, it will be held virtually in 2021, enabling those who may not be able to travel to Melbourne to participate for the first time.
This Multidisciplinary 2-day course is targeted at General Practitioners, Obstetricians, Gynaecologists, Sexual Health Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Urologists, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Sexologists, Physiotherapists, Nurse Practitioners, and any interested health practitioners and trainees.
This course will cover the assessment and management of common sexual difficulties, from a biopsychosociocultural perspective, provide educational resources and an overview of therapeutic options.
- Talking about sex – overcoming the obstacles
- Taking a Sexual History in an inclusive and respectful way, with a biopsychosociocultural approach
- Communication skills, including talking with a couple
- Models of Sexuality
- Relationships and sexuality
- Gender identity and gender dysphoria
- Sexual identity, orientation and behaviour (including LGBTIQA+ sexuality)
- Cultural & Religious impacts on sexuality (including the impact of Pornography)
- Sexual pain
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Ejaculatory problems (Premature Ejaculation & Delayed Ejaculation)
- Arousal and Orgasm
- The impact of significant life stages/changes on sexuality
- Pregnancy & Postpartum sexuality
- Menopause, Aging, Illness & Cancer
Course Accreditation - CPD points/hours
30 CDP Activity points
15 CPD points in
- Early Bird*: $450
- Normal rate: $550
Monash University or Monash Health staff:
- Early bird*: $400
- Normal rate: $500
*Please note: Early-bird ends on 21 Feb 2021.
The course will be facilitated by Dr Anita Elias MBBS, FASPM, FECSM, a medical practitioner and psychotherapist, specialising and working in Sexual Medicine and Sexual and Relationship Therapy for 25 years. Anita is the Head of the Sexual Medicine and Therapy Clinic at Monash Health, and a Senior Lecturer at Monash University. She will be joined by a multidisciplinary team of experts in Sexual Medicine and Sex Therapy.