Injury Analysis and Data
The accurate collection, detailed analysis and insightful interpretation of data are critical to the safety sciences.
Our injury analysis and data researchers have specialist training in the fields of numerical and behavioural sciences, and are skilled in the management, analysis and presentation of accident and injury data to produce real-world benefits.
Our work focuses primarily on road safety research where we have made a strong contribution to public safety through several major projects, including:
- assessing relative vehicle safety performance from real world crash and injury data including the evaluation of new vehicle safety technologies
- modelling vehicle fleet profiles and the effects of various safety and policy interventions
- evaluating major traffic enforcement programs in the areas of speeding and drink driving such as speed cameras and random breath testing
- evaluating road safety advertising campaigns
- assessing driver licensing strategies
- establishing road safety data systems including a countermeasure monitor system
- evaluating road infrastructure and management programs such as accident black spot treatments and speed limit change programs.
Through more than 30 years of research, we have earned a strong reputation for analysis and evaluation of safety policy, strategy, regulation and programs.
In combination with the provision of policy and strategy advice, this has led us to work with more than 30 leading public and private organisations across Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Africa, Asia, the USA and Europe.