MUARC Foundation Scholarships
We value the contribution of our research students and regard them as partners in the pursuit of excellence in injury research and prevention. All of our research students have access to support and advice from the Monash Graduate Research Office.
Exciting opportunities exist for a range of scholarships (including those below) for postgraduate students to study at MUARC. The Monash University Accident Research Foundation has made these scholarships available for students to study in any of the principal research areas of the Centre. These scholarships are widely advertised each time they become available.
As a scholarship recipient, you will receive a tax-free stipend of $35,000 pa for three years.
Applicants may have a degree in any discipline relevant to injury prevention, preferably at first-class honours level, and must meet the eligibility criteria for PhD candidature at Monash University. The scholarships are awarded for full-time studies only.
Applicants for the Peter Vulcan, John Lane and Thomas Triggs scholarships must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
The successful candidates will undertake their studies at the MUARC in one of the following broad areas:
- Disaster resilience, preparedness and management
- Falls prevention
- Injury epidemiology
- Injury outcomes
- Injury prevention in lower and middle income countries
- Road/Transport safety
- Workplace safety
How to apply
- As part of the application process, potential PhD candidates are invited to submit a research proposal (approximately 1 page). Potential PhD candidates can submit a research proposal based on their own injury prevention topic or can expand one of the PhD research proposals listed here. Details for writing a research proposal can be found here.
- Potential candidates should complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form, including the one page research proposal, and submit this form, with full CV and transcripts.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview at MUARC.
Graduate Research Administrative Officer
Monash University Accident Research Centre
21 Alliance Lane, Clayton Campus
Monash University, Victoria 3800
Phone: +61 3 9902 0358