Australian Electricity Market Initiative (AEMI)
The Australian Electricity Market Initiative (AEMI) is an initiative introduced by the Monash Business School to spur academic research, policy formulation and industry engagement in the electricity sector in Australia. AEMI is dedicated to improve market outcomes for all market participants and to inform policy making.
Areas of research that AEMI focuses on are:
- Network pricing and regulation
- Wholesale market design
- Nodal pricing
- The impact of the industrial organisation of the electricity sector
- The impact of renewables and of storage.
Members of AEMI conduct both empirical and theoretical research. AEMI runs an active visitor program and a series of conferences - with the inaugural event in May 2019.
- Professor Frank Wolak (Stanford University and Monash University)
- Professor Steven Callander (Stanford GSB)