How to apply
Applications for Higher Degree by Research (HDR) courses with Monash, managed through the Faculty of Art Design & Architecture (MADA), are assessed against a number of research admission criteria.
- Applicants must satisfy all University minimum course entry requirements (PhD or Master's)
- Applicants must demonstrate a capacity to successfully initiate and sustain a significant research project over the duration of the course.
- Assessment of proposed research project supports the potential contribution to the discipline and field of research.
- Availability of appropriate resources and supervisory expertise within the Faculty.
Graduate research scholarship application dates
All prospective applicants must first submit an Expression of Interest. Expressions of Interest (and accompanying documents) must be submitted to the MADA Graduate Research Office by the dates listed in the table below.
*not available for Master of Fine Art
What happens next?
Following academic consideration of the Expression of Interest, suitable applicants may be invited (that is, given an Invitation to Apply) to submit a formal application for admission and/or scholarship to Monash University. Monash University will not consider applications that do not have an Invitation to Apply from the Faculty.
An Invitation to Apply does not guarantee an offer of admission and will be subject to any conditions stipulated on the invitation.
- Applications for admission without a scholarship can be made at any time and take up to six weeks to be processed. Once your application has been assessed, you'll be notified of the outcome.
- Scholarship outcomes are released approximately six weeks after the scholarship round has closed.
Admission and scholarship
- After scholarship outcomes are released (six weeks after scholarship round closes), applications for admission will be assessed.
For Monash University key dates, visit: important dates
For further information, please email MADAemail@example.com