Monash Urban Lab
Integrated design and urban planning research for social inclusion and environmental sustainability.
The Monash Urban Lab distinguishes itself through its unique integration of practice-based design and urban planning research. The Lab combines multi-scalar architectural design investigations with policy studies focussed on transitioning to sustainable and equitable urban environments and communities at city and regional scales.
The Lab pursues three integrated research areas:
- Sustainable and Inclusive Cities
- Integrated housing design, typology and policy research
- Suburban intensification that explores strategic infill, suburban retrofit and new suburban typologies
- Community engagement with a commitment to underrepresented constituencies
- Urban Infrastructure Systems
- Water sensitive urban design and revitalisation
- Hybrid natural and built systems
- Visualising Urban Futures
- Visioning future urban scenarios
- Urban Data Analytics
- Critical inquiry around ‘smart city’ data applications in urban planning and design
The Monash Urban Lab encourages enquires for future research projects and collaborations.