Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine
Monash Certificate in
Clinical Occupational Medicine
Monday 25 October – Friday 29 October 2021
Online via Zoom
The Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine is a short course designed for GPs, occupational medicine trainees and other medical practitioners who assess and manage patients with work-related problems.
Aims and objectives
To provide medical practitioners with the knowledge and skills to:
- Diagnose and manage common occupational injuries and diseases
- Document and investigate complex and less common problems in occupational medicine
- Perform a medical assessment, including history and examination, aimed at pre-placement, medical surveillance or return to work
- Write a medicolegal report
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
This course is approved for 30 Category 2 CPD Activity points for the 2020–2022 triennium. Points are awarded upon passing the multiple choice/short answer exam at the end of the course.
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
The ACRRM has approved this course for 30 PRPD points for the 2020–2022 triennium. Points are awarded upon passing the mulitiple choice/short answer exam at the end of the course.
Australian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM)
This course meets many of the requirements for the AFOEM training curriculum.
Coordinator and teaching staff
- Dr David Goddard, Senior Lecturer and past AFOEM Education Project Officer
Other occupational physicians involved in teaching:
- Prof Malcolm Sim, Emeritus Professor, Monash Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health
- Over 15 other expert clinicians and specialists in their field contribute to the extensive week-long program
- Cost: $1,950 (GST inclusive)
- Enrolments: Enrolments will be capped at 50 participants. Please register ASAP to avoid disappointment as the course reaches capacity well in advance and has an extensive wait-list.
- Participant pre-requisites: Must be qualified medical doctors. International participants are welcome. (A very good understanding of medical terminology in English is essential.)
- Curriculum: Download the aims and objectives or view a previous program.
- Assessment: A certificate of completion will be awarded to those who pass the compulsory assessment at the end of the course.
- Delivery: Remote learning due to COVID-19 – the course will be held fully online via Zoom.
June 2018 participants
- Up to four weeks before the course commences – 100% refund
- Between 4 and 2 weeks before the course commences – 50% refund
- Less than 2 weeks before the course – no refund