Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine
Monday 16 March – Friday 20 March 2020
The Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine is a short course designed for GPs, occupational medicine trainees and other medical practitioners who assess and manage patients with work-related problems.
Aims and objectives
To provide medical practitioners with the knowledge and skills to:
- Diagnose and manage common occupational injuries and diseases
- Document and investigate complex and less common problems in occupational medicine
- Perform a medical assessment, including history and examination, aimed at pre-placement, medical surveillance or return to work
- Write a medicolegal report
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
The course is approved for 40 Category 1 RACGP QI & CPD points for the 2017-2019 triennium. Points are awarded upon passing the mulitiple choice/short answer exam at the end of the course.
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
The ACRRM has approved the course for 30 PRPD points for the 2017-2019 triennium. Points are awarded upon passing the mulitiple choice/short answer exam at the end of the course.
Australian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM)
The course meets many of the requirements for the AFOEM training curriculum.
Coordinator and teaching staff
- Dr David Goddard, Senior Lecturer and past AFOEM Education Project Officer
Other occupational physicians involved in teaching:
- Prof Malcolm Sim, Director, Monash Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health
- Over 15 other expert clinicians and specialists in their field contribute to the extensive week-long program
- Cost: $2,600
- Enrolments: Enrolments will be capped at 40 participants so please register early to avoid disappointment as the course usually sells out well in advance
- Participant pre-requisites: Must be qualified medical doctors. International participants are very welcome, visa permitting though. Good understanding of medical terminology in English is essential.
- Curriculum: Download the aims and objectives or view a previous program.
- Assessment: A certificate of completion will awarded to those who pass the compulsory assessment at the end of the course.
- Venue: Monash School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Accommodation: Details of accommodation close to the course venue will be emailed upon registration.
Phone: + 61 3 9903 0584
June 2018 participants
- Up to four weeks before the course commences – 100% refund
- Between 4 and 2 weeks before the course commences – 50% refund
- Less than 2 weeks before the course – no refund