Critical Care Division: Research and Registries
Head of Critical Care Division
BMBS MD FRACP FCICM FAAHMS
NHMRC Practitioner Fellow
Email Telephone: +61 3 990 30931
Monash University is an international leader in critical care research, investigating improvements to patient care encompassing pre-hospital, emergency and trauma, ICU and anaesthesia.
The Critical Care Division:
- Manages competitive grants to conduct high-impact, large-scale, investigator-initiated national and international clinical trials designed to determine best and most cost-effective practice;
- Studies critically patients with conditions as diverse as cardiac arrest, trauma, sepsis and transfusion;
- Monitors overall improvements in the management of critically ill patients through state and national registries, which allows benchmarking of clinical outcomes at a national and international level;
- Builds capacity in critical care research through the training of national and international clinical leaders in research; and
- Develops and maintains strong collaborations with national and international clinical research networks.
The Critical Care Division's areas of expertise include:
- Clinical medicine;
- Data management; and
- Health economics.
The Critical Care Division offers:
- Course-work and research degrees;
- Short courses and symposia in aspects of critical care research; and
- Integrated postdoctoral clinical research programs.
Doctoral and postdoctoral training schemes are strongly supported within the School.
For information, please contact Dr Jay Illesinghe, Senior Research Manager (Strategy), Email, Tel: +61 (0) 3 9903 0929
For information, please contact Dr Elizabeth Douglas, Doctoral Coordinator, Email, Tel: +61 (0) 3 9903 0168
Master of Advanced Critical Care Practice
For information, please contact Professor Carlos Scheinkestel, Email
Master of Medicine (Perioperative Medicine)
BMedSc(Hons) / BHlthSc(Hons)
Short Courses / Symposia
For information, please visit:
+ Alfred Department of Intensive Care: www.alfredicu.org.au/courses
+ Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre: www.alfredetc.org.au/health-professionals/professional-development/