Injuries during the COVID-19 pandemic
Quarterly bulletins (2021)
In 2021, VISU will continue to present regular overviews of injury statistics during the COVID-19 pandemic. The bulletins in 2021 will be quarterly, and to stay relevant to the current situation, the focus areas have shifted. The 2021 bulletins will focus on injuries in the home, work-related injuries, farm injuries, sports injuries, intentional injury (self-harm; assault in the home) and transport injury. The 2020 bulletins contained a comparison for each month from March 2020 onwards matched with the same month in 2019. This approach is not suitable for the 2021 bulletins as the comparison period needs to be pre-pandemic. The bulletins are a special VISU initiative, in addition to the usual annual reporting.
Monthly bulletins (2020)
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Australia, including Victoria, implemented physical distancing to limit transmission of the coronavirus. These monthly bulletins monitor injury rates related to the home (including DIY injuries), farm, transport, self-harm and assault during the COVID-19 pandemic. The bulletins are a special VISU initiative, in addition to the usual annual reporting.
- Edition 9: November & December 2020 (published April 2021)
(PDF, 2.21 MB)
- Edition 8: October 2020 (published January 2021) (PDF, 2.29 MB)
- Edition 7: September 2020 (published November 2020) (PDF, 1.64 MB)
- Edition 6 : August 2020 (published October 2020) (PDF, 1.75 MB)
- Edition 5 : July 2020 (published October 2020) (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Edition 4: June 2020 (published September 2020) (PDF, 1.47 MB)
- Edition 3: May 2020 (published August 2020) (PDF, 1.54 MB)
- Edition 2: April 2020 (published June 2020) (PDF, 1.26 MB)
- Edition 1: March 2020 (published June 2020) (PDF, 1.64 MB)