Information for Students
PhD research internships offer you the opportunity to apply your research skills by working on short-term research projects in industry.
You can benefit from:
- putting your research skills and theory to practice
- boosting your employability
- expanding your networks
- contributing to industry
- receiving financial support (stipend)
To be eligible for an internship, you must:
- be a currently enrolled Monash PhD student
- have completed your confirmation milestone
- have not submitted thesis for examination
Australian Postgraduate Research Intern program
Australian Postgraduate Research (APR) Intern is Australia's only graduate research internship program with internships across all disciplines and sectors. Hundreds of research internships are available each year, offered to Australian universities by enterprises, businesses, and government agencies. Each internship lasts an average of 4-5 months. Intellectual property remains with the organisation.
How to apply
Ready to apply for a research internship to complement your PhD study at Monash? Visit our internships intranet and see what you need to do to get started.