Before you arrive
There's a lot you'll need to have organised, considered and done well before you settle into your seat for the trip to Monash.
Here's a basic checklist for you:
- Accept your offer and return you acceptance form to Monash
- Obtain a student/study abroad visa
- Have a medical, optical and dental check-up
- Get travel insurance (in addition to Overseas Health Cover, or OSHC)
- Organise your airport pick-up (talk to Monash Abroad for your complimentary pick-up, please note this service is only available for students arriving at Melbourne's Tullamarine airport)
- Organise accommodation
- Make copies of all your important documents (like your passport, letter of offer from Monash, Confirmation of Enrolment) and keep one copy of each with you, a second in your luggage and leave another with a friend or relative at home.
Follow the links below for more information on how you can prepare for your time at Monash.
If you are studying at Monash on a Study Abroad program, tuition fees are paid to Monash by you directly or on your behalf by your home institution or a third party provider. Learn more about tuition fees at Monash.
Before travelling to Monash, you'll need to arrange a student visa – both Exchange and Study Abroad students need one. Find out more about arranging a visa for your Monash study.
Under Australian visa rules, all international students (with some exceptions) must have basic medical and hospital cover before they can apply for a student visa. Find out more about the pricing and specifics of overseas student health cover.
Now that you're all ready to go, click the button below to learn more about what to expect when you arrive at Monash.