There are some subjects (units) that, for different reasons, are not available to you as an Exchange or Study Abroad student.
Some examples include:
- In most cases, 4th year and honours units are not available to Exchange or Study Abroad students.
- Postgraduate units are only available to postgraduate students (those who have already completed the equivalent of a bachelor degree).
- You can study your units across the Clayton and the Caulfield campuses. However, if you wish to study units taught at the Peninsula or Parkville campuses, you must take all of your units at that single respective campus.
- Units offered only offshore (Malaysia, Prato etc) are not available unless you are studying at that campus or location.
- You are permitted to enrol in a maximum one of your four units per semester as off-campus learning (OCL) or distance education (DE) mode, however, this must be confirmed with your home institution first.
- Most units don't have quotas, but occasionally the number of students has to be restricted. While it is possible for Study Abroad and Exchange students to study quota units, this is decided on a case-by-case basis.
By following the advice on this page, you can create a study plan with units that work best for you.