Students on Monash-affiliated international programs are provided complimentary travel insurance by Liberty International Underwriters for up to 365 days. Under this policy, travellers will also receive access to 24/7 emergency assistance provided by Global 24 Emergency Assistance and limited coverage for personal travel days.
You will automatically be provided coverage once Monash Abroad has approved your application in the Monash Abroad Portal (status will be “Committed” for most program types).
Important conditions of coverage
- Coverage includes access to a limited number of personal travel days. Please check the table below for advice on the number of personal travel days eligible for coverage by program.
- You must have a return airfare to and from your final destination. There is no insurance coverage for one-way tickets.
- If you have a pre-existing health or mental health condition we recommend that obtain a fit-to-travel certificate from your doctor.
- There is no coverage for university-affiliated domestic travel.
- Review full policy details before you book travel and depart for your program
Global 24 Emergency Assistance
Global 24 Emergency Assistance can provide a wide range of support if you encounter a problem overseas. In addition to emergency assistance, they can also provide information on accessing reputable medical practitioners, mental health support, or assistance with organising travel in an emergency situation.
In an emergency or urgent situation, contact Global 24 Emergency Assistance to obtain advice about seeking treatment or support in-country.
PHONE: +61 2 9312 5191
- Emergency and non-emergency assistance
- Access to English-speaking doctors
- Crisis response
Further details about the policy, getting coverage and submitting a claim can be found on the Monash Finance Intranet (login required). If you have any questions regarding your insurance policy or filing a claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal travel days - Programs departing in 2022
|Program type||Total number of personal travel days covered|
|Programs 12 weeks or longer (from program start date to program end date)|
Monash Global Campus Intensives 2022
Monash Global Campus Studios 2022
|All other programs (from program start date to program end date)|
Please note: for exchange and study abroad programs, ‘program start date’ is taken to mean the first day of orientation that exchange/study abroad students must attend as advised by the host institution. The ‘program end date’ is taken to mean the final date of the assessment period at the end of the study period at the host institution. For all other programs, the ‘program start date’ and ‘program end date’ are the published dates for the program.