Accepting your offer - International Student Course Agreement (ISCA)

How do I accept my offer?

  1. Read all pages of the International Student Course Agreement you receive.
  2. If your notice any errors with your details clearly correct those on the page and include that page with the others you are sending back.
  3. Complete all sections of Part A of the ISCA by the offer response date, sign your Acceptance Declaration by hand and return pages 5-8 together with evidence of having purchased your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC - details below) via email to
  4. Register for a Monash student account online. Ensure you check all your personal details listed in your ISCA, including all your names. Provide an accurate email address to receive emailed verification of your account, and keep your Monash student login and password in a safe place. If you have difficulty in accessing your student account, contact the eSolutions Service Desk:

What is OSHC?

It is an Australian Government visa requirement that if you are studying in Australia on a student visa you must have appropriate health cover in the form of OSHC for the duration of your student visa.

The University’s preferred provider of Overseas Student Health Cover is Allianz Care Australia. The policy purchased through Monash is OSHC Essential cover which is a higher cover than basic cover purchased directly with Allianz or one of the other approved insurers. It includes additional benefits, in particular full visa-length free access to the Sonder safety App that provides 24/7 emergency security checking, tracking and Geo-safety alerts with Australia-wide coverage. Allianz on-campus advisers are also available for personal assistance.

Student visa holders are required to purchase visa-length OSHC at the time of accepting their offer for Exchange or Study Abroad. The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), the document necessary to apply for the student visa, will not be issued until:

  • the OSHC payment has been received (you must provide evidence of this if purchased through Monash) or
  • evidence has been submitted that a student is exempt from purchasing OSHC (see below who can be exempted from OSHC)

How can I arrange my OSHC?

Who can be exempted from OSHC?

Students may be exempt from purchasing OSHC if they fall under one of the following categories:

  • Norwegian students who are members of the Norwegian Health Economics Administration (HELFO), and covered by the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme. Student should provide proof of your insurance coverage;
  • Swedish students who are members of CSN International (the Swedish National Board of Student Aid) or Kammarkollegiet (the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administration Agency). Students should provide proof of your insurance coverage;
  • Belgian students covered under the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia, with a Europese ziekteverzekeringskaart (EZVK) - Carte Européenne d'Assurance Maladie (CEAM) from their mutualiteitmutualité in Belgium. Students should have submitted their Belgian passport for their Exchange or Study Abroad program to prove citizenship;
  • Australian or New Zealand citizen. Student should have submitted your Australian or New Zealand passport for your exchange or study abroad program to prove citizenship.

Any other medical care or travel insurance cannot be accepted as a substitute for OSHC, and therefore will not be exempted. All students are required to show evidence of insurance coverage upon arrival in Australia.

What is the next step after I have accepted my offer?

After we have received your signed Part A and proof of payment of your OSHC (if applicable) and confirmed they are correct you will be issued a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), an essential document for you to apply for a student visa subclass 500. You are unable to commence applying for a student visa without your CoE.

In applying for a student visa you will be asked to show evidence of OSHC. If you have organised OSHC with Monash, your CoE and payment receipt can be submitted.

Note: you are advised to not book any non-refundable travel until after your visa has been issued.