Students on Monash-affiliated international programs are provided complimentary travel insurance by Liberty International Underwriters for up to 365 days including 60 days of personal travel before and after the activity. You will also receive access to 24/7 emergency assistance provided by Fullerton Health Assistance.
You will automatically be provided coverage once Monash Abroad has approved your application in the Monash Abroad Portal (status will be “Committed” for most program types).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is no travel insurance coverage for international travel at this time. This will be reassessed once DFAT travel restrictions are eased.
Important conditions of coverage
- You must have a return airfare to and from your final destination. There is no insurance coverage for one-way tickets.
- If you have a pre-existing health or mental health condition we recommend that obtain a fit-to-travel certificate from your doctor.
- There is no coverage for university-affiliated domestic travel.
- Review full policy details before you book travel and depart for your program
Fullerton Health Assistance
Fullerton Health Assistance can provide a wide range of support if you encounter a problem overseas. In addition to emergency assistance, they can also provide information on accessing reputable medical practitioners, mental health support, or assistance with organising travel in an emergency situation.
In an emergency or urgent situation, contact Fullerton Health Assistance to obtain advice about seeking treatment or support in-country.
PHONE: +61 2 9312 5191
- Emergency and non-emergency assistance
- Access to English-speaking doctors
- Crisis response
Further details about the policy, getting coverage and submitting a claim can be found on the Monash Finance Intranet [login required]. If you have any questions regarding your insurance policy or filing a claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.