Study abroad opportunities
Summer and winter global study programs in Marketing
Europe or Asia (MKX5521/3521)
The Global Study Program in Marketing, established in 1984, is offered every year to postgraduate and undergraduate students providing first-hand experience with senior marketers and to expose students to the dynamics of different cultures and their impact on marketing.
There are two programs each year. You can only pick one program. Each program is worth 6 credit points.
- January - Europe: Hong Kong, Mumbai, Paris, Prague, Milan (23 days). Focus - marketing in a global arena. Applications open end of May and close end of July.
- June - Asia: Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing (15 days). Focus – cross border marketing for Australian SMEs and start ups. Applications open beginning of February and close end of March. - https://youtu.be/YCzRSRwNhGc
Both programs, offered between semesters, are challenging, demanding and extremely rewarding.
What’s included in the program?
- Meet & talk to senior marketers from a diverse range of leading brands and SMEs
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile through growing your professional network
- Grow your personal network with 25 other amazing marketing students
- Immerse yourself in a range of distinct cultures through group activities and guided tours
- Earn 6 credit points toward your degree (capstone for UG)
- Asia - 2 weeks international travel – June/July each year. 3 countries – Japan, South Korea and China.
- Europe - 3 weeks international travel – January each year. 5 countries – China, India, France, Czech Republic and Italy
- Price covers airfares, transfers, accommodation, breakfast, all group related activities. (note – the faculty cover cost of accommodation – twin share. Monash Abroad contribute $500)
- Supported throughout the program by 2 marketing academics.
Students on these programs have unparalleled access Chief Marketing Officers and senior marketing practitioners. These marketers offer insights and perspectives that cannot be found in textbooks; first-hand experience on the development, execution and management of marketing.
Who is eligible?
A maximum of 24 students are accepted per study program.
Postgraduate business students (e.g. M. Bus - B60005, M. Mktg - B6010, MBA) minimum requirement at time of application: 4 units (24 credit points) including two marketing units (12 credit points) and have a WAM >60. Additional information on work experience, marketing focus and future career direction may be requested to assist in application process.
Undergraduate students minimum requirement at time of application: 2nd year, passed a minimum of 8 units (48 credit points), including two marketing units (12 credit points) and have a WAM >60 This is a capstone unit for B.Bus and B.Com students and related double degrees.
Given the high demand for this program, the selection criterion is based on overall WAM and number of marketing units completed and overall marketing WAM.
Pricing and itinerary
- Complete the expression of interest form and you can download a brochure covering general information including price and itinerary. It also includes details on how to apply for the program.
- Australian citizens can apply for OS Help Loans – >$6,000 for Europe and >$8,000 for Asia.