Research Placements

Supervisor Connect

Finding the right research project and supervisor is the key to an enjoyable BMedSc(Hons) year. Supervisors and projects can be sourced by students or available projects can be found via Supervisor Connect.

For more information about the research being performed in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, refer to the links below.

Central Clinical School  

BMedSc(Hons) Research Project Book
CCS BMedSc(Hons) School Representative(s)Professor Karin Jandeleit-Dahm and
Professor Merlin Thomas
BMedSc(Hons) Support StaffDr Joanne Mouser

Eastern Health Clinical School

BMedSc(Hons) Research ProjectsEastern Health Clinical School projects listed in Supervisor Connect
EHCS BMedSc(Hons) School Representative:A/Professor Giuliana Fuscaldo
BMedSc(Hons) Support StaffCathy Nolan-Shaw

Monash Rural Health

BMedSc(Hons) Research Projects
BMedSc(Hons) School Representative:Dr. David Reser
BMedSc(Hons) Support StaffCathy Nolan-Shaw

School of Biomedical Sciences and Biomedicine Discovery Institute

Research Project book 2020 Research Projects
SOBS / BDI / ARMI BMedSc(Hons) School RepresentativeA/Professor Tim Cole
BMedSc(Hons) Support StaffCathy Nolan-Shaw

School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health

BMedSc(Hons) Research Projects
SCSMH BMedSc(Hons) School RepresentativeDr Tony White
BMedSc(Hons) Support StaffMs Pianca Schwarz

School of Primary and Allied Health Care

Deptartment of General Practice Research Projects
SPAHC BMedSc(Hons) School RepresentativeDr Chris Barton
Department of General Practice
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
BMedSc(Hons) Support StaffCathy Nolan-Shaw

School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine

BMedSc(Hons) Research Projects
SPHPM BMedSc(Hons) School Representative(s)Professor Danny Liew 
Support Staff Ms Sharon Gurry

Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences

External Research Placements

Students may be permitted to undertake a BMedSc(Hons) project at a non-affiliated institution or location. This includes local, interstate and overseas placements.

All projects require a Monash University Supervisor regardless of where the physical research is undertaken,

The Monash supervisor MUST have a current or previous genuine working research collaboration with the external supervisor. It would be expected that the Monash supervisor would be cited on any papers produced for the research.

Once a supervisor has agreed to accept a student on a project, students need to follow the steps on the how to apply website.