Supervised Professional Practice – Field Education
If you’re undertaking our Master of Social Work degree, you’ll complete 1000 hours of direct practice through our exceptional field education program. We guarantee students high-quality placements so they can practice their classroom learnings with real clients. Our team has an open door policy to assure we can support the best outcomes for our students during their placements.
Why our field education program is one of the best in the country
- We provide high quality placements within organisations that are considered industry leaders such as Family Violence (Safe Steps and Orange Door), Monash Health, Peninsula Health, Alfred Health, Eastern Health, Turning Point, Monash Law Clinics, Springvale Legal Services and more.
- We offer placements in a range of fields of practice. The field education team works closely with providers and students to outstanding field placements that meet or exceed ASWEAS standards. The areas of placement we offer includes family violence, community health, hospital, child mental health, disability, aged care, corrections, family support services, housing, youth justice, courts, community legal services, schools and more.
- We can guarantee that you’ll get a placement. During the recent COVID lockdowns, our social work team was one of the few Australian universities to successfully place all of our on-shore students, on time and with all required hours, due to our extensive partnerships and telehealth facilities.
- Our field education team is invested in preparing students for employment. We work closely with agency partners to establish graduate entry employment opportunities for students.
- Our students can take advantage of our pre-placement preparation workshops and resources to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Our team ensures that every placement is compliant with Australian Association of Social Worker Education and Accreditation Standards.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for Supervised Professional Practice
Students that meet the eligibility criteria may apply for RPL for their first placement unit only. Details regarding eligibility criteria are listed in the ASWEAS Field Education Standards.