About the program and research projects
Our Summer Vacation Scholarship Program aims to provide undergraduate students with practical experience in applied clinical and public health research. The aim is to give students an insight into future opportunities in the area of research with an incentive to pursue higher studies and a career in research academia.
In 2018, nineteen students were accepted into the program, and completed research projects in areas including:
- ASPREE research
- Intensive care research
- Pre-hospital, emergency and trauma research
- Epidemiological modelling
- Clinical registries
- Forensic medicine (health law and ageing research)
- Occupational and environmental health
- Regulatory reform of complementary medicines
Students also went along to our weekly SPHPM seminars featuring local and international speakers on a wide variety of public health topics, the Alfred Hospital Grand Rounds, and the School's Teaching, Challenges and Innovation Symposium .