AF Moodie Scholarship
Alexander Moodie Scholarship
***Note: submissions for the 2020 Alexander Moodie Scholarship are no longer being accepted. Applications for the 2021 scholarship will be accepted from early 2021.***
The Alexander Moodie Scholarship aims to promote postgraduate research in the theory, development and application of electron microscopy techniques.
Each year one Alexander Moodie Scholarship will be offered to a graduate student undertaking a Ph.D. within the Monash Centre for Electron Microscopy.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a postgraduate research degree at Monash University and hold a full Ph.D. scholarship, including stipend and, if applicable, tuition fees.
- At least one of the candidate's Ph.D. supervisors must be a member of MCEM academic staff.
- Advanced electron microscopy must constitute the major component of the proposed Ph.D. research.
- Excellent undergraduate qualifications in relevant subject areas
- Research record relative to opportunity
- Research potential
Value of the Scholarship:
The successful candidate will be awarded $5000 per annum, for up to a maximum of three and a half years, subject to making satisfactory progress as assessed at each of the university postgraduate milestones.
The following information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A brief cover letter
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A transcript of their undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable) marks.
- PDF copies of no more than 2 research documents you have (co)-authored. E.g. a copy of an honours thesis, a draft manuscript, a peer-reviewed journal article.
Application deadline: 12th June 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be called for a brief interview and will be asked to describe their chosen area of research.
This scholarship is made possible through a generous donation via the Perpetual Foundation.