AF Moodie Scholarship
Alexander Moodie Scholarship
The Alexander Moodie Scholarship aims to promote postgraduate research in the theory, development and application of electron microscopy techniques.
Each year one Alexander Moodie Scholarship will be offered to a graduate student undertaking a Ph.D. within the Monash Centre for Electron Microscopy.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a postgraduate research degree at Monash University and hold a full Ph.D. scholarship, including stipend and, if applicable, tuition fees.
- At least one of the candidate's Ph.D. supervisors must be a member of MCEM academic staff.
- Advanced electron microscopy must constitute the major component of the proposed Ph.D. research.
- Excellent undergraduate qualifications in relevant subject areas
- Research record relative to opportunity
- Research potential
Value of the Scholarship:
The successful candidate will be awarded $5000 per annum, for up to a maximum of three and a half years, subject to making satisfactory progress as assessed at each of the university postgraduate milestones.
The following information should be sent to email@example.com;
- A brief cover letter
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A transcript of their undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable) marks.
- PDF copies of no more than 2 research documents you have (co)-authored. E.g. a copy of an honours thesis, a draft manuscript, a peer-reviewed journal article.
Application deadline: 31st May 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be called for a brief interview and will be asked to describe their chosen area of research.
This scholarship is made possible through a generous donation via the Perpetual Foundation.