Partnerships & Industry
WORKING WITH US
We love microbes! We understand their cell biology, genetics and how they evolve. We can advise you on the best way to test and understand your samples, whether they are from a natural or built environment, agricultural landscapes or urban water flows: we can tell you what microbes are there and if they have antibiotic resistance genes, and whether you have a problem.
If you would like to partner with us, talk to the Research & Engagement Managers about what you need and we can take it from there.
A few examples of our expertise (but it doesn't stop there). Contact us to discuss your AMR project.
- Selective cultivation of AMR-resistant Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria, and fungi;
- Culture-based profiling of antimicrobial resistance genotypes and phenotypes using genome sequencing and annotation of antimicrobial resistance genes to profile of antimicrobial resistance genotypes and phenotypes of isolates;
- Culture-independent surveillance of antimicrobial resistance genes using metagenomics and quantitative PCR to provide a holistic view of the distribution of antimicrobial resistance genes in samples;
- Systematic susceptibility testing against a broad suite of antimicrobial agents & MIC testing;
Partner with us
- AMR & Public Health Communication and Policy: Partner with us to advise the Government and NGOs to develop strategies to improve public communication and policy of AMR.
- AMR Technologies Development: We provide concept or project advice and/or development work.
- Expert Consultation: We can arrange for consultations with any of our diverse Centre Leaders.
Practitioners and Clinicians
Medical Anthropology & Sociology
Materials, Surface and Aerospace Engineering
Policy Research and Development
Built and Natural Environments
Molecular Cell Biology
Clinical expertise in AMR
|Nanotechnology & Biosensors|
Genomics & Bioinformatics
|Antimicrobial development & testing|
Please contact the Centre’s Research Managers, Kerry and Rebecca to
discuss how the Centre can work with you.
T: + 61 3 9905 3032 T: + 61 3 9905 3033