MBI image competition
Entries now open
The 2021 MBI image competition celebrates outstanding scanner images obtained at Monash Biomedical Imaging (MBI) and Alfred Research Alliance – Monash Biomedical Imaging (ARA-MBI), and provides our users with a platform to showcase their research.
There are seven prizes available for the best image obtained using the following instruments:
Preclinical imaging category
- 9.4T Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI)
- Molecular Imaging (PET/SPECT)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
Clinical imaging category
- 3T MRI
- Molecular Imaging (MR-PET)
- Each winner from the preclinical imaging category will receive $1000 worth of scanner time
- Each winner from the clinical imaging category will receive $3000 worth of scanner time
The winning images will be displayed at our MBI and ARA-MBI sites, and may also be used to promote research capabilities at Monash University. They will also feature in the MBI newsletter, MBI social media, and may be selected as the cover image for the MBI Annual Report.
Successful images will be judged on aesthetic appeal and quality, and creativity in terms of image enhancement and narrative (i.e. image caption).
- The competition is open to all users of MBI and ARA-MBI
- Each entrant may submit up to two images
- Prizes are limited to one per entrant
- Images that have been considered in a previous MBI image competition are not eligible to apply
- Images must be from a scanner located at MBI or ARA-MBI
- Images need to be the original work of the entrant and not be copyrighted
How to enter
Winners will be announced in late November 2021.
By submitting an image to the competition, entrants give MBI permission to use the image in promotional material on the MBI website and MBI social media, in print, and on display at MBI or ARAMBI.
Prizes must be used in 2022 by the winning entrants, cannot be transferred, and cannot be used for items other than scanning. Any requests for extensions based on the grounds of hardship, equipment issues or other matters outside the recipient’s control must be submitted to the General Manager, MBI, prior to date of expiry for consideration.