Our electroencephalography (EEG) system compromises of Brain Products 64-channel Active EEG measuring system that can be used to record high quality EEG signals. The active caps allow for easier adjustments of electrode impedances and give the user more control over their measurement accuracy.
Simultaneous EEG and fMRI
Our electroencephalography (EEG) recording system (BrainAmp MR Plus, Brain Products) can be used to obtain integrated EEG and ERP recordings during fMRI scanning, as well as non-fMRI EEG and ERP based recordings.
Our EEG lab enables high-fidelity visual and auditory stimulus delivery synchronised to EEG recordings.
We also offer the MagLink EEG system, which can be used for simultaneous TMS and EEG recordings.
The passive BrainAmp MR Plus system can record during the pulse sequence without compromising the raw EEG data. Clock synchronisation between the MRI and EEG system improves the accuracy of gradient artefact reduction, simplifies the artefact reduction process, and allows acquisition using standard sampling rates.
In addition, using the Brain Products 'multi-trodes' (MR-safe electrodes) with the BrainAmp ExG MR box, you can easily perform reliable EMG and ECG measurements inside or outside the scanner.
- BrainAmp MR-plus amplifiers
- BrainAmp ExG MR 16: 16 bipolar OR 8 bipolar + 8 AUC (to connect to sensors, such as respiration belt)
- Integrated impedance measurement, suitable for MR scanner room sampling rate of 5kHz per channel
- Optical signal transmission (via twin fiber optics)
- Rechargeable battery (PowerPack)
- 16bit TTL trigger input.
Simultaneous TMS and EEG
At Monash Biomedical Imaging, you can record EEG and ERP during TMS applications. Our EEG system (MagLink) has the following key specifications:
- SynAmps2: 64 monopolar, 4 bipolar, 2 high-level analog recordings, SCAN 4.5: data acquisition and artefact removal software
- 0 – 2 KHz bandwidth
- Sampling frequency up to 20 KHz
- Ability to synchronise recordings with external triggers.