Radiochemistry to support preclinical and clinical imaging
Our on-site radiochemistry and hot cell laboratory supports preclinical and clinical research using our PET and SPECT imaging technologies at Monash Biomedical Imaging.
We can source radioactive tracers, assist with radiolabelling peptides and antibodies, and provide advice on designing radiotracers for imaging and radiotherapy.
Preclinical radiochemistry facilities
- a hot cell with a 68Ge/68Ga generator, radioHPLC and radioTLC, and gamma counter analytical instruments
- access to 99mTc, 64Cu, 177Lu and 89Zr radionuclides as well as commercially available radiotracers
- radiolabelling of peptides and antibodies with radiometals
- advice with designing radiotracers for imaging and radiotherapy
- animal holding areas for recovery experiments using radiotracers/radionuclides
Clinical radiochemistry facilities
For clinical research imaging using our simultaneous MR-PET scanner, our radiopharmacy facilities include:
- dose calibration of a large range of radiopharmaceuticals for both bolus and infusion administration methods
- the expertise to take venous blood samples before, during and after radiopharmaceutical administration