MD Scholarly Intensive Placement (SIP)
As of 2020, the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine will host approximately sixty 5th year medical students as part of the MD Scholarly Intensive Placement (SIP).
Projects within the School are aligned with our cutting-edge research and allow students to join our team and make a difference by researching ways to improve treatment or prevent disease and ill-health.
Find out about some of the exciting research undertaken at our School in our Capability Booklet.
We want you to join Australia’s largest School of Public Health where your research can help communities, cities and countries by improving treatments or preventing disease.
Associate Professor Basia Diug, MD SIP Coordinator, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Work with our experts in areas such as:
- Intensive care research
- Musculoskeletal epidemiology
- Pre-hospital, emergency and trauma research
- Epidemiological modelling
- ASPREE research (ACTA Clinical Trial of the Year 2019)
- Clinical registries
- Forensic medicine (health law and ageing research)
- Occupational and environmental health
- Regulatory reform of complementary medicines
- Cochrane Australia
- The STAREE Study
- Transfusion Research
- Women's Health Research
- Health Research and Implementation
- Infectious Diseases Epidemiology
And much, much more!