5. Shopper research
Australian shoppers have around 30,000 different products in-store to choose from when doing their grocery shop at the average Australian supermarket. Meaning on-shelf presence is critical to converting shoppers to consumers of your product. Shopper research allows you to validate the impact of your product on-shelf or in-store.
AT MFI we can test your product a number of ways, we can also test your product throughout the front end innovation stage and once the product has been launched.
Our areas of expertise include:
Virtual Store visualisation with Qualitative interview
- Understanding the retail space from a shopper perspective
- Qualitative approach helps to understand shopper behaviour
Eye tracking can be used in a number of different ways to answer your shopper and consumer research questions. Specifically eye tracking can be used in the following scenarios:
- Understand if your product stands out on a shelf
- How easy it is to find your product on shelf
- Determine the pack hierarchal elements that stand out to your consumers
In-store Shopper Research
- Understand the in-situ challenges facing shoppers
- Determine the competitive landscape facing your product via observations or qualitative interviews
Our theatre sized display at the MFI (4m wide x 2.2m tall) allows us to simulate a life size supermarket display, so we can effectively create a virtual ‘real-to-life’ retail environment for on-shelf testing. Our theatre sized display also allows us to test pack designs at a higher resolution and in greater detail than what could be tested on a standard computer screen.