Resident Advisor Recruitment
Resident Advisor roles
Each residence at Monash University has a team of Resident Advisors (RAs) providing support, engagement and development to their residential community. In addition, a number of Central Resident Advisor positions lead committees to facilitate events, initiatives and programs for the entire MRS community.
- Resident Advisor - Diversity & Inclusion
- Resident Advisor - Environment
- Resident Advisor - Information Technology
- Resident Advisor - Respect. Now. Always.
- Resident Advisor - Sport & Wellbeing
Becoming a Residential Advisor
To be eligible for a Resident Advisor role and retain a scholarship, students need to meet the following requirements:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of a permanent resident visa or humanitarian visa, or
- Be an international student, and;
- Be a current full-time undergraduate, honours or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia (subject to special consideration from the Director, MRS), and;
- Be a current resident with MRS, and;
- Remain in residency with MRS and;
- Maintain a full-time enrolment, and;
- Not be in breach of any current MRS Conditions of Residency and;
- Maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark of 50%, and;
- Maintain the support of the Residence’s College Head as an appropriate, community leader in their Residence.
- Adhere to the MRS RA Expectations of Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines outlined in the role descriptions below
|Attend a Resident Advisor information session in your hall|
Complete training requirements
|Apply online to become a Resident Advisor|
|If successful, attend an interview|
|Receive notification of the outcome of your interview|
If successful in receiving a nomination, complete mandatory online training:
If successful in passing first two training hurdles, complete mandatory training:
Applications have closed for all 2020 Resident Advisor roles.