MRS Resident Advisor Scholarship
This scholarship recognises the commitment to the residential community made by Resident Advisors, who live in Monash Residential Services (MRS).
Apply through Monash Residential Services
Total scholarship value
Up to $4400
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A current full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Appointed a Resident Advisor with MRS.
- Minimum of a pass grade average (50%) in the previous academic year.
- Half scholarship: $220 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Three-quarter scholarship: $330 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Full scholarship: $440 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
* Some Resident Advisor scholarships are awarded over the summer months - December and January to selected applicants and payment will be based on whether the candidate is awarded a full or half scholarship.
Varies depending on the number of residents.
- Based on an interview process conducted by the college head and/or MRS manager.
- Successful applicants demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests, participation and career interests.
Research students' position on the Faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training) will be considered.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment. Part-time load will be considered with the approval of the Director MRS.
- Recipients must maintain a pass grade average (50%).
- Recipients must remain in residency with Monash Residential Services and not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services conditions of residency.
- Recipients must adhere to the MRS resident advisor expectations, outlined in the Role Profiles.
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship may be held in conjunction with another accommodation scholarship by approval from Monash Residential Services.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details visit the Resident Advisor Recruitment Page