MRS Resident Advisor Scholarship
This scholarship recognises the commitment to the residential community made by Resident Advisors, who live in Monash Residential Services (MRS).
Apply through Monash Residential Services
Total scholarship value
Up to $4620
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A current full-time undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia.
- A current resident with Monash Residential Services.
- Appointed a Resident Advisor with MRS.
- Minimum of a pass grade average (50%) in the previous academic year.
- Half scholarship: $231.00 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Three-quarter scholarship: $346.55 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Full scholarship: $462.00 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
* Some Resident Advisor scholarships are awarded over the summer months - December and January to selected applicants and payment will be based on whether the candidate is awarded a full or half scholarship.
Varies depending on the number of residents.
- Based on an interview process conducted by the college head and/or MRS manager.
- Successful applicants demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests, participation and career interests.
To retain this scholarship:
- Remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- Maintain full-time enrolment. Exemptions for this requirement must be sought from the Director, Monash Residential Services in writing.
- Not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency.
- Maintain a minimum pass Weighted Average of 50%.
- Maintain the support of the Residence’s College Head through ongoing contact and contribution to your residential community and MRS more broadly.
- Adhere to the MRS Expectations of a Resident Advisor.
- Not be in breach of Academic, Research and or General Misconduct
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship may be held in conjunction with another accommodation scholarship by approval from Monash Residential Services.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details visit the Resident Advisor Recruitment Page