Bringing family (child care)

Child care

Monash has family and childcare services that support families, spouses and children of students. They'll help you establish networks with other families.

There are several childcare options available on and off Monash campuses. However, the demand for child care at Monash is often greater than the number of places available. You may have to place your name on a waiting list. Call the centre to check availability. You can also contact Monash Connect for more information.

If you can't find a place with a Monash childcare centre, there are other alternatives. Check the government's My Child website to find a centre in your area.

Bring family when you study

If you are an international student with a visa to study in Australia, family members can accompany you if your study lasts for at least one year and you can support them. You should also check to see if you are eligible according to the conditions set out on the Australian Government immigration website.

'Family members' generally means your husband or wife and dependent children. If you are under 18 years old, you can bring a guardian.