Monash Residential Services can help you arrange accommodation. You can choose to live on or off the university campus.


We offer accommodation in shared residential halls and colleges with and without catering. You can also live in self-contained, self-catered units.


Off-campus living options include:

Hear what students have to say about living on and off campus:

Suburbs close to our campuses

If you choose to live off-campus, you'll probably still want to be close. These suburbs surround our campuses, so they're good places to look for accommodation.

  • Caulfield campus: Carnegie, Glen Huntly, Malvern East, Balaclava, Caulfield North and East, Murrumbeena, St Kilda, and Prahran
  • Clayton campus: Notting Hill, Mulgrave, Clayton, Clayton North and South, and Oakleigh
  • Peninsula campus: Frankston, Frankston North, and Karingal.
  • Berwick campus: Narre Warren and Beaconsfield
  • Parkville campus: Melbourne Central Business District (CBD), Brunswick, Carlton, and Princess Hill

Bringing family with you?

Monash offers childcare services at our Australian campuses. For private childcare, check the My Child website, or use an internet search engine, and search for: 'child care' + [the suburb you will be living in]. If you are researching  private child care, make sure you check the fees and find out if there are waiting lists.

Find more information on our bringing your family page.

Students under 18 years of age

See our guide for under-18 students on approved accommodation and welfare.