Summer and winter research scholarships are run over the summer and winter breaks. If you're interested in a research career or furthering your studies through an honours program, this is a great opportunity to get ahead over the holidays.
Research scholarships aim to provide you with:
- experience in an area of research
- an insight into future opportunities within research
- encouragement to pursue a career in research or academia.
If successful, you will take part in research-related activities.
Applications for Vacation Research scholarships
Applications are closed. See future application dates in the table below.
Eligibility and dates
| Number offered|
- The number offered varies
- Based on academic achievement
- You must meet all prerequisite requirements for a project where specified
- Some projects require an interview. As part of your application, your interview performance will be assessed
- You will be matched to projects based on your preferences and eligibility
All conditions must be met: |
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa, or an international student
- Enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate (coursework) student with a registered Australian or New Zealand provider of higher education
- Normally have completed at least the second year of an undergraduate degree
- Not a full-time, continuing employee of Monash University
- Students enrolled in their final semester are not eligible to apply.
| Application dates 2020|
- Winter applications: Monday 4 May - Friday 22 May (5pm)
- Notice of outcome: mid June
- Summer Round 1 applications: Monday 6 July - Friday 24 July
- Notice of outcome: early September
- Summer Round 2 applications: Monday 7 Sep - Friday 2 Oct
- Notice of outcome: mid-November
| Project dates|
- Winter: 11 Jul - 3 Aug 2020
- Summer (Rounds 1 and 2): 30 Nov 2020 - 26 Feb 2021
| Application details|
- In a single application you can nominate up to three preferences. If you make multiple applications, we consider only the most recent application and preferences.
- Students from a university other than Monash must provide their academic record (transcript) by the application closing date, either by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or post to our mailing address
- Academic records from overseas universities will not be accepted
Staff and project supervisors (login)