Prof Jenny Sim
Qualifications: PhD, MSc (Research), PGDip Medical Imaging (Administration), PGDip Medical Imaging (CT/MRI), DCR (Radiography)
Title: Professor and Head of Department
Telephone: +61 3 9905 3753
As Head of Department, Jenny provides academic leadership, sets strategic directions and actively engages industry stakeholders to achieve quality education outcomes. She enjoys pushing professional boundaries, in particular, designing innovative curricula that enhance student learning with the aim of assisting student transition from university to workplace. Jenny has extensive university teaching experience in the area of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences. As well as research supervision, she teaches at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and facilitates learning across a range of delivery methods. Jenny’s research platform is transformative learning in Medical Imaging. Her research has a strong applied focus, with her research contributing to the scholarship of learning and teaching.
- Visiting Professor Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore
- Honorary Advisor to Graduate Studies in Diagnostic Radiography (Sonography), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore
- Associate Professor University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Visiting Associate Professor University of Johannesburg, South Africa
My research platform is transformative learning in Medical Imaging. Broadly speaking, it is about promoting learning that enables the development of cognitive competencies, facilitating perspective transformation and building leadership capacity. The research focuses on innovative curricula design to assist students in developing critical thinking, clinical reasoning, decisive judgment and reflective practice, attributes that are essential for safe, high quality imaging care.
Jenny’s research has an inter-disciplinary focus, and includes working collaboratively with colleagues from other institutions.
- clinical reasoning
- communication in medical imaging
- curricula design
- reflective practice
- simulated learning
- online learning
- continuing professional development and lifelong learning
- learning and teaching in Higher Education
- student-centred learning
- community of practice