Developing your test
What do you do when a test or task is not available, or you are wanting to test out a new task? You develop your own!
There are various software tools that are available for psychology researchers to both develop and administer their own paradigm or questionnaire, some of which are available below:
- Inquisit (available via the vLab)
- Qualtrics (available via the vLab)
- PEBL Test Battery
There are also a number of websites that provide a review or comparison of the available software tools for your reference.
- See here for a comprehensive list of what is considered to be the best available web resources for Psychological research.
- See here for a list of both free and commercial products for both clinical and research purposes.
- See here for a list of commonly used software/tools in the field of visual psychophysics.
For more information on conducting online behavioural research you can access an online copy of the "Advanced Methods for Conducting Online Behavioural Research" (Gosling & Johnson, 2010) from the American Psychological Association website here, or in hardcopy from the Monash library here (note: you may need to enter your authcate details to access Monash's library website).
Scale Development: Theory and Applications presents the logic underlying the creation, use, and evaluation of measurement instruments and discusses how scales work.