About MATLAB Online
MATLAB is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language. It allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, Java, Fortran, and Python.
Accessing and using MATLAB
MATLAB is accessed via Virtual Laboratory (vLab). For instructions on how to access vLab, head to the vLab page here.
MATLAB can seem daunting at first glance but it is a dynamic and flexible software that allows for a vast array of functions from creating experimental scripts to data analysis and graphic representation. If you haven't used MATLAB before then it is highly recommended you familiarise yourself with a few tutorials via the resources below.
As MATLAB is widely used in the research community, there are a number of resources that are available online to help you get the most out of your programming.
- Getting Started with MATLAB video (7:00").
- Free online training is available to Monash staff and students at Learn MATLAB online.
- Mathworks Support. The creators of MATLAB provide a vast array of support tools including videos and pdf instructions to help you access the various tools housed within the MATLAB program.
- MATLAB Academy. An online learning course that takes you through the various tools in MATLAB.
- Quora. Quora questions and answers platform allows you to find out the answers you may need for your MATLAB questions. See the link for a list of the various MATLAB functions. You may also want to check out the rest of Quora as chances are, the questions you have about MATLAB have been asked and answered before so you may find it helpful to check them out before trying to solve them yourself.