APA referencing guides and resources
The American Psychological Association (APA) has developed a formatting and referencing style mainly for use in psychology, but its guidelines have also been adopted by other disciplines. It is essential that your thesis is formatted and referenced appropriately to ensure clarity and ease of understanding, and to make sure all external sources are appropriately noted. Here are some helpful resources that should assist you in ensuring your thesis is APA compliant:
- The APA website provides an outline on how to use APA formatting and referencing with quicklinks to frequently asked questions.
- Monash Library has a number of guides available here to help with citing and referencing in APA format.
- For easy to follow online tutorials, see Monash's Research and Learning Online Citing and Referencing page.
- There are a number of online websites that seek to simplify APA formatting including the Purdue Online Writing Lab.
- The APA publication manual is an in-depth guide to APA style and it can be purchased at the Monash Retail Bookshop here.